PSU College Blog

A blog of stories about a set of PSU roommates.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've got two words for ya - Sar-casm. If you aren't hip with that, you probably should just click to the next blog. I blog about my daily life, current hot topics, stupid conversations, or just about anything that is on my mind.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Winter Break Memories

This time of year always reminds me of finals week at Penn State, just before the winter break. Students would trudge through a very hard semester of drinking, partying, and a little bit of schoolwork. Then, finals week would beckon said students to open up many a book for the first time all semester, to try and cram as much information into their alcohol-soaked skulls as possible. Or, as my roommate Mung would do, purchase Nittany Notes and leave them all around the apartment.

** Mung informed me to let people know that despite his lax college attitude, he is in fact very successful, being a vice president in a large company. Learning came very easy for Mung, so he chose other alternatives instead of going to class and being bored.**

I thoroughly enjoyed when I only had 1 final to study for. That way, I wouldn’t be overloaded with harmful studying that would get in the way of drink specials at the local hangouts.

Winter break was always a welcomed time to reconnect with friends and family back home, shop for Christmas presents, get away from the rigorous studying, and most importantly to detox for three weeks. For me, I would go home, hang out with some friends, and work at the pet shop for vital spending money.

Of course, the 3 weeks went rather quickly. Don’t get me wrong – I was happy to see my roommates again and resume our bar schedule, but it was nice to not have to worry about classes and responsibilities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home