PSU College Blog

A blog of stories about a set of PSU roommates.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've got two words for ya - Sar-casm. If you aren't hip with that, you probably should just click to the next blog. I blog about my daily life, current hot topics, stupid conversations, or just about anything that is on my mind.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Spring Rules!!!!!

Man, when the spring-time comes around, I sometimes think of great spring-time occurrences that went on (and continue to go on, I’m sure) at Penn State. Yes, I went over one of them a while ago – the HUB lawn, so I’ll reluctantly skip the sites and wonders of said place.

One of the first things I think about is sitting out on the patio of the Café 210 West, sipping a Long Island Iced tea on a Friday evening, watching scantily clad women walk by. The Café often had $1.00 Iced Tea specials, which meant that I ended up ordering a lot of food and stumbling home at a nice-early hour. Ah, the memories.

There were also many events that went on around campus that featured local bands and some decent national bands. For instance, once there was a free concert that featured the group Belly – at the time, they were getting a lot of play on college radio stations and modern rock stations (Modern Rock stations? What are those? Well, they used to be plentiful in many markets, until the giant corporations took over, and gave us an overload of Metallica, Audioslave, Ozzy, and Led Zeppelin). Unfortunately, it downpoured right when Belly took the stage, but it was still a fun experience.

Being able to go out and not (a) freeze your butt off, or (b) bring a jacket. There was nothing worse than running from the apartment to a bar in 30-degree weather, with only a long-sleeved shirt on, AND then having to wait in line. It wasn’t so bad stumbling home, as the alcohol always numbed us to the extremities. But, when the weather was nice in the spring-time, we could wander from bar-to-bar, not worrying about the cold.
All this talk about these great memories, makes me want to go up to Penn State right now, get a delicious grease pizza from Carmen’s, and walk down to the Café to lose myself in another cheaply-fantastic Long Island Iced Tea. Road Trip!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Fast Break said...

You have to hit up the sports cafe on college too. Great drink specials + the outside.

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home