PSU College Blog

A blog of stories about a set of PSU roommates.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've got two words for ya - Sar-casm. If you aren't hip with that, you probably should just click to the next blog. I blog about my daily life, current hot topics, stupid conversations, or just about anything that is on my mind.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Too Good To Be True????

During the Spring semester of my freshman year, a few of us decided that we just weren’t sexy enough for the 4 or 5 women that attended Penn State Mont Alto. To remedy this, we got gym memberships at this place called Malibu Gym. I think we liked the name because oddly enough, Malibu was also one of the beer drinking sites in the woods of Mont Alto.

I probably should’ve started questioning the “stability” of said gym when I found out that a 6-month membership was $30 ….that’s it – not $30 a month, but $30!!! Instead, I chose to overlook this glaring issue, and instead gloat about how great of a deal we got (not to mention give thanks for not having to “curb” my alcohol purchases). However, $30 per person for 6 months will not keep a gym functioning for a long period of time.

The second thing that I should’ve noticed was the autographed poster of Rick “The Model” Martel positioned right near the entranceway. No real gym has a poster of a wrestler called “The Model,” or at least they don’t prominently display it. Most people like gyms that have posters of real men – men like Lou Ferrigno, Ahnold Schwarzenegger, and Jean Claude Van Damm (sorry to exclude Steven Segall, but I said gym, not burger joint).

The owner gave us a workout program, which somehow was also included in the $30. I guess it worked well, but it was hard to determine how well the finished product would’ve been, considering the gym closed two months later … WITHOUT NOTICE! I wasn’t too pissed off about it though, because (A) we only paid $30, and (B) it was getting in the way of my studying/drinking time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home