PSU College Blog

A blog of stories about a set of PSU roommates.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania, United States

I've got two words for ya - Sar-casm. If you aren't hip with that, you probably should just click to the next blog. I blog about my daily life, current hot topics, stupid conversations, or just about anything that is on my mind.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Recent Conversation ...

I had a recent e-mail conversation with a friend who is also a huge Penn State fan. We talked about the future of Penn State. I was so impressed with my words, that I wanted to share them with you:

I think Penn State is still the dominating team in the region (northeast), but they really didn't have a good gameplan when they entered the Big 10 - Teams like Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State were opened up to PA recruiting, and began taking away top recruits. Unfortunately, PSU wasn't able to do the same - one theory (I came up with) is that JoePa continued his "traditional" recruiting style - staying local, and not really focusing on Ohio, and Michigan areas (and Illinois).

A new coach needs to bring in a new recruiting philosophy, with high school scouts all over the country.I think this coming year is Joe's last - his contract is up, and at this point, I think the University will convince him to be some sort of "consultant." My big fear is that JoePa will have too much clout in naming his replacement ... and I really, really hope Jay-Pa is gone.

I heard the Cowher rumor, and I'd love him there - he'd bring fire, intensity, and most importantly, recruiting clout to the school. I also wouldn't mind Schiano (another rumored replacement) - I like his wide-open offense, and he has been able to keep local Jersey kids in the state - he'd be a great fit at Penn State. If PSU wants to stay "in the family," I'd be OK with Al Golden at this point. The guy is smash mouth, and has given a boost to a Temple program on the verge of collapse just a few years ago. Sure, they play in the MAC now, but remember, just a few seasons ago, Temple was getting beat by Division 2 schools. Golden has been able to secure some decent talent, and has given the school some stability and swagger. I think he may be a little young and green to take over at PSU, but I'd be willing to give him a shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home